Friday 9 September 2011

Target Group

When I was researching female artists (especially Pop artsits) I realised that they mainly target girls/ females over the age of 16/17. I noticed this as the music and videos now have quite a bit of sexual references and wouldn't include this in their work if their audiences were younger. I also noticed that the way they dress now is more sexy and suggestive than maybe they were 10 - 15 years ago. Girls of the age 16 - 20 tend to pick up more on an artists image and tend to want to become more like the artist at this age.. for example the clothes they wear, style ect...
I have decided to make my target group 16 - 19 year olds as I know that they are the main target group/ fans for female pop artists nowdays.
I will research into my target group and create surveys that will include them, giving me appropriate feedback that I will use to create a concept for my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment