Wednesday 21 September 2011

Song's that I was considering...


If you click on the link above you can see the video 'Gold Digger'. I remember this song and video coming out around 2 years ago and not being very successful in the charts. I thought the song was very quirky and comical - along with the comical video going with the song. I want my video to be comical but only to an extent. I would like to take the 'ditsyness' of the 3 main singers to influence the artist in my video. The reason why I didn't wish to use this specific video was because I think that the existing video would influence my own too much as there is not much you could do with the lyrics (as I noticed that the lyrics are all the same throughout the song). Also, I do not think this song could have much of a narrative, which I would like in my music video.



This is another song choice that I was considering. Off of Jessie J's 2011 album, the song 'Rainbow' seems to have a good narrative judging by the lyrics. I really like the way the artist sings and I can imagine the attitude and the way she sings it if she was ever to release a video to this song. The reason why I didnt end up choosing this song is because as a well known artist, her voice is very familiar and it would be hard to make a video of someone else covering her voice as it is so recognisable and unique. I like the tempo of this song and of the song above - so I definatly want a song with an up beat 'pop' tempo.

No comments:

Post a Comment