Saturday 21 January 2012

Production Diary

Day 1 On Wednesday the 23rd I planned to film a lot of the scenes that included the white backdrop. This would have been done at home. Thankfully the media department in my college had studio lights that I could borrow to make my 'modelling' scenes more effective. I took these home and set them up. Unfortunatly the artist I was using couldn't make it because of travel problems. Therefore I thought of the things that I could film without her...
I filmed £20 notes on the floor building up and up. I then did the same with 10 pound coins going up and down, one after the other. These could be used as spare shots - if i need them when it comes to the final editing process. Tomorrow I plan to film at canary wharf in the shopping mall for the shopping scenes :)

Day 2 We went to film the shopping centre scenes on Sunday the 27th but because it was a weekend it was extremely busy and I found it hard to even find an appropriate place to film. Instead I will film the shopping mall scenes on a weekday as originally planned, to reassure that it will not be so packed. I then decided to get more montage shots filmed, so went home and filmed the 'Vogue' scenes and the money ones. The original plan was to use stacks of photocopied money and it would build up around her at the sides. After photocopying 10 sheets and cutting them out... it didn't look right, so had to think of a back up plan. In the end I decided to use real money and blue tack and stuck the money on a wall that she was against. The outcome was successful and looked much better than I expected. Today was very productive and I got a range of shots done using the backdrop.

Day 3) I had asked some shops if we could use their changing rooms for the changing room scene because I really had to get this done! This couldn't be arranged as a member of the department would need to be supervising us...Instead, the alternate was to use my own props ect to make my own (what would look like) a changing room. I did this using a clothes rail and a curtain - like the ones used in normal changing rooms. I used different outfits and props to show different 'characters' that the artist was acting out in the changing rooms... One being a 'geek' and a 'weather woman' - using glasses a raincoat and an umbrella to create the different costumes. I thought of these certain characters because they are bubbly and fun. 
I hope that when this footage is uploaded it will look as effective as using an actual changing room. 
Next I will upload this footage and work out what needs to be done next.


Day 4) I uploaded the footage onto the computer and watched it back. The shots were dull and the changing room effect wasnt as effective as I thought it would be, so I was very disapointted.
Day 5) Ive had many complications with filming the 'shopping' scenes for my music video. I found it hard to get certain permission for places that were my original ideas. Firstly I emailed the places where I wanted to film (shopping centres), however I didn't receive a reply ... so resulted into actually going to the shopping centres with a letter from my college proving that I was a student.  After going there and setting up we got told we wasn't aloud to film without a permit. After this I tried to film in a high street. The shop managers of every shop wouldn't let me even film outside the shop even though I wouldn't have the shop name in the shots. These complications made me think that I couldn't film the specific scenes that I needed... But I finally got what I needed to be filmed weeks after by using a Canon SLR instead of a video camera, so it wasn't so obvious that we were filming. This was a successful idea and I really like the outcome.
It took me almost a week to edit the rest of my footage into FinalCut. I wanted the shots to be really fast paced to link with the beat of the song. This was a successful week as I finally finished my Final Music Video. I am really pleased with the outcome and can't wait for feedback. Now I will post my video on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter and see what everyone thinks. I will then create a survey on SurveyMonkey for more of in depth feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment