Monday 16 January 2012

Fonts

I needed a font that would represent the artist. For example most artists now have assigned styles of writing that their names are always written in so people can remember (previous post). I thought that I could use a 'serif' font, with most looking like typical magazine titles. I thought this would be a good idea because it ties in with the idea and theme of my music video (which is also what's done for real artists). 


This font is called 'edition' on the website 'dafont' where I found all of my fonts. I find that this website is very useful and easy to find a perfect font. This font really stood out to me as it reminds me of the font for Vogue magazine. I like how it's quite dramatic but elegant and bold at the same time... a font that I think would be effective for a CD cover AND Poster. 


I also really like this font... but it doesnt stand out as much as the edition font but I do still like the way the lettering is more spaced out, which makes it easier to notice. I like the thinness of the writing - but will try to look for an effective bold font...



This font caught my eye as it was bolder than the others but very girly and 'pop'. I think the font looks a bit like someones hand writing which is ideal for my artist, as she's quite quirky.  



This font is very similar to the second font I used.  Once again I like the spacious lettering .. but think it looks like type writer font or text that a hospital will use. I will not use this font but will test the others to see how they look against a rough idea of what my CD cover and Poster will look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment