Thursday 26 January 2012

Successful Idea


This is a screenshot of my video in Final Cut Pro. In the top right corner you can see the scene where the artist is on a magazine cover. This is an intertextual reference to Vogue Magazine. This is one of my favourite ideas of the video so far, although it took some time to enter the Vogue text as a title, and the barcode as an image but I eventually got there. The 'Vogue' font looks very effective and a lot like the actual font that Vogue uses. I couldn't get the actual Vogue font as it's not available on websites like www.dafont.com as it has been protected from copyright.
As you can see on the timeline (where the marker is) is where I added the layers of text, for example 'Queen of Pop Returns' and '50 Fashion Must Haves' - Like what you'd expect to see on a magazine cover. I used the knowledge of the layout of a magazine from my AS course last year where I had made a Music magazine. I didn't use all of this knowledge to make this scene exactly like a magazine and the layouts they have... I just wanted it to be basic and effective enough for the audience to understand the 'Vogue' concept. 
It was hard to get every clip synced with each other and had to make sure they all started and ended at the same time. 

A Few of the text layers shown above



Here is a screenshot of the 'Vogue' text. It shows What the name of the font is and what the size is ect. It is easy to change these and I had to adjust the sizing and position many times before it looked perfect. I also played about with the colour but I decided that black looked bold, effective and linked with the image more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment